Wednesday, February 6, 2008

In Eckleburg's Eyes - 2/6/2008

Last night, MPW & RAW were where we always are during UT home games - in section 315A, Row 20. Only five rows from the ceiling, I like to think of our tickets as the best seats in the house. The 9 o’clock game was featured on ESPN.

It was especially hot in the gym. I wonder if Bruce Pearl had the Arena heated to fatigue the Gators. One of our primary advantages is depth and an enervating pace tends to play to our advantage. Whether a heated gym was part of the game plan or not, depth did play a factor as UT erased a 13-point first half deficit to win by 22.

It was our 20th win of the season. Bruce has now won 20 games in each season he has coached. We also beat Florida at home for the third straight year which is impressive when considering that they won the national championship the last two years.

The game was enjoyable as usual and we got to see EBB and LS as a bonus.

The half time show was in my estimation, second best of the season. The magic act Quick Change, David and Dania, performed. Evidently, the duo rose to fame on America’s Got Talent. The act is a series of costume changes. It is more impressive than it sounds. Still, it was not as good as a geriatric chiropractor shooting three-pointers, but it held my attention.

I did also did something I did not think was possible. Somehow, in the shower I got water into both ears. I literally could not hear out of my left ear for the entire basketball game. Fortunately, my head did not explode as I feared it might.

Despite the Vols win and my impressive hydraulic ear feat, I felt I erred as I did not vote on Super Tuesday. I have never missed a November election, but I sometimes miss the preliminary elections. Then again, as Jay Leno once famously said, “If God had wanted us to vote, he would have given us candidates.”

No comments: