Tuesday, February 5, 2008

In Eckleburg's Eyes - 2/5/2008

Last night, I celebrated RAW and KLW's anniversary with them, KJW and JTH at MoFoS. Nothing says romantic, like hanging out with me. (They actually had their celebration earlier in the evening.)

We actually just missed a Jerry Springer moment (not that I would know). In a nail salon several doors down (I will say three doors down for the sake of argument), a brawl had erupted and made its way all over the parking lot. It seems a teenage interracial lesbian couple was at the salon, when one of the couple's mothers walked in and discovered her daughter's lifestyle. Evidently, she did not take the revelation well as the donnybrook made its way all through the lot. There were four squad cars in the parking lot when I arrived. It saddens me that part of me was disappointed to have missed the spectacle.

I was reflecting on my memories of their wedding (I was the official) and I recalled that I remember that day as the day that brought me my Joy Bag, the briefcase that accompanies me everywhere. I call it the Joy Bag because RAW's mother, Joy, gave me the bag, and well, it reminds me to always be joyful (I Thessalonians 5:16-17). That being said, insert your own Joy Bag joke here. I assure you, I heard them all last night.

The latest addition to KJW's vocabulary is "toot." Her father even went to the extreme lengths of emitting a "toot" to demonstrate her learning. That, my friends, is great parenting.

The only other news of the day is that preparations began for a trip to New York in April. Any suggestions on what play to view on Broadway?

The day also represented MLM's birthday. I hope I look half as good as he does at his age. Come to think of it, I hope I look half as good as he does on my next birthday...

No comments: